Friday, July 29, 2016

Teaching Multiplication with Skip Counting

Math is one of those subjects that we haven't really found our groove yet. We've been using Teaching Textbooks for my oldest and have switched to Ray's Arithmetic for my youngest. We've dabbled in Math-U-See, Living Math, Math Mammoth, used many supplements such as Xtra Math, Snap It Up and other math games.

I think math is hard for us because memorization is difficult. Maybe not for the kids but definitely for me!

It was suggested somewhere to learn skip counting first and then work your way through the fact tables. This has made an amazing difference for my oldest in learning multiplication facts. Being visual learners these really appeal to us.

You can print, laminate and hang up. You can also print and place in a three ring binder for your student.

Happy Counting!