Thursday, September 19, 2019

FREE Continent and Country Study Packet

I am so excited to share with you what I've been working on for my family! I've been hunting high and low for a country & cultures study for my 5th and 8th graders to do together and its been rather frustrating. I found a few that might work but they cost an arm and a leg. Plus, I would still have to tweak them for our grade levels. Other studies lacked the cultural depth I wanted to cover. Finally, I decided to just bite the bullet and make my own.

Once I actually sat down and figured out what I wanted the kids to study, it was only a matter of assembling it. One of my "must haves" for our Country and Culture Study Packet had to be ease of use. I want the ability to access one file to print out as many packets as required to cover a term's worth of countries. Adaptable to multiple resources, is another must have. We enjoy using living books, textbooks, videos, and curriculum. I wanted a packet that could work with any philosophy.

I'm sending this packet to Staples for a bulk printing for the rest of the year. Then I will only need to print 2 maps to complete the packet as we come to whichever country we've decided to study. One is a regional map, showing border countries, and/or bodies of water. The second is a map of the country itself, the kids will mark key cities and geographical features on this one.

We plan to travel through all the continents and visit the commonly known countries, beyond that I haven't decided. This Country and Culture Study Packet is going to save me hours of work and I hope it helps you too!!