Monday, August 10, 2015

First Day

Today was our first day and it went great!! I have discovered I picked a few read alouds that might be to much of a challenge but I can easily adjust that. I will drop Adam & His Kin and try to locate a copy of Boy of the Pyramids instead. I've also decided I'm going to stick strictly with SCM Genesis through Deuteronomy & Ancient Egypt for our Bible study.

After using GreenLeaf's Old Testament study today I felt we needed a bit more substance. I first believed GreenLeaf's questions would be a great addition but they really are to far above my children's heads.

I'm excited for tomorrow. We are starting AO's Island Story , 50 Famous Tales, and Burgess Animal Stories.

I hung our schedules on my bulletin board so I can stay on track. I also noticed my daughter likes to check it out quite frequently to see whats next.

We are waiting on Math U See for my son. So today we reviewed addition facts and different ways to make numbers 10 and 6. I ordered the Language Lessons by Emma Serl for both kids but started daughter out on Intermediate (free on google books) today. She liked it but is excited to use the book.

We are putting off piano until next week. I'm not really prepared for it anyway.

My husband made a comment about putting way to much work into my schedules but I really need them. I added the chores to help me keep up throughout the week. I must say I really felt productive checking those chores off my list.

So there you have it, our day in post!